Saturday, February 27, 2010

Second Chance

So today I was woken up by my handsome hazel eyed husband, asking me "shouldnt you be at school". I almost had a heart attack b/c if your late, your dropped from the class. So, i pretty much broke down and started crying. This class is my future! So, Mike being the amazing man that he is, gave me an ounce of hope and encouraged me to get ready anyways and head up there. I finally got up there an hour later, she dismissed my absense and sent me to my unit for the day to start training. I was put in the subacute unit, which is foul-smelling, and is the hardest hall in the whole facility to work at in my opinion. As a CNA i am not able to talk about the patients, because of confidentiality. But I will tell you, it was one of the most difficult jobs i have ever done. I feel so bad for those patients. Most of them have tracheal's, and are bedridden.It was definitely a life changing experience. Just to see first hand what can happen as a result from accidents, health problems, or other incidents that lead to that outcome. Very sad. I personally never want to make it into a senior facility, or any care facility for that matter. I almost want to go get a 'do not resuscitate' tattoo over my heart, or atleast go get the legal documentation so there's no confusion if there is ever anything to happen to me. Sigh* - As I notice things around me in the CNA field, it gives more meaning to living everyday like its your last, and not to take life for granted. I for one, will never again complain about the little things.

quote for today:
When something does not insist on being noticed,
when we aren't grabbed by the collar or struck on the skull by a presence or an event, we take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude
By: Cynthia Ozick

0 comments: